Throughout the course of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Open Source Medical Supplies has compiled a list of resources to share with the community. We hope you find value in these and that they help you on your mission to help your own community.
Open Source Medical Supplies Links
- OSCMS Facebook Group
- OSMS Project Library
- Medical Supply Guide (Google Doc)
OSMS Social Media
OSMS Local Response Resources
- Local Response Map – in partnership with findthemasks.org, Nation of Makers, and Fab Foundation
- OSMS Local Response Roster – groups registered with OSMS; a subset of the groups shown on the map above
- OSMS Local Response Group Registration Form
- OSMS Branding Guide
- Global Impact Data from the #FridayTally weekly count
- OSMS Community Conversations archives on YouTube and Vimeo:
- Strategies for Equity in PPE Distribution
- Sustainable Business Models for Medical Supply Production
- New Relationships in Local Manufacturing at NOMCon 2020
- Next Up in PPE: Isolation Gowns — A How-To from Artisan’s Asylum
- Protective Gowns: Designs, Materials and Production
- Meaningful Medical Making: Sourcing Designs and Fostering Relationships in a Crisis
Team Organizing Tools from Local Response Organizations
- Sample Local Network and Coordination (OSCMS PNW/MakerForce)
- Sample Team Onboarding Welcome Sheet (OSCMS Central and South Florida)
Local Production and Distribution Management Resources
- Making Medical Supplies Sustainably for makerspace leaders by OSMS
- Sample Local Distributed Manufacturing Management (OSCMS PNW spreadsheet system before moving to Airtable. For access to an instance of their Airtable, email Local Response)
- Sample Local Distributed Manufacturing Tracking Dashboard (Open Source Community Fight Against COVID-19 Malaysia)
- Sample Local Medical Supplies Design (OSCMS PNW/MakerForce)
- Sample Indemnity Template (U.S. liability release – not created or vetted by OSMS)
- Sample Disclaimer – Limit of Liability in Alabama (U.S. liability release – not created or vetted by OSMS)
- Free Legal Disclaimer for COVID19 Open-Source Creators and Makers (U.S., not created or vetted by OSMS)
- Making DIY PPE: Best Practices for a Safer Makerspace Workplace (Ace Makerspace)
- FixitClinic’s Virtual Repair Clinic (free help for repairing medical equipment, sewing machines, etc)
- 3D Printed Parts Sanitizing Recommendations Chart (Phoenix Equipment)
- Strategies for Equity in PPE Distribution (slide deck by Rachel Sadd of Ace Makerspace)
- April 13 FDA Letter of Authorization for Face Shields
Local Groups Media Coverage
- OSMS Press compendium
- OSMS Community Stories blogroll
- Make: Community Plan C Series (video) — interviews with Local Response Groups around the globe.
- How to Help Your Hospital (Fight COVID-19 Locally) – Smarter Every Day 233 (video) — A detailed overview of how a local response group organized in Huntsville, AL, USA by a well-known maker YouTube content creator, Destin Wilson Sandlin.
- Making a Better Now – How 100,000+ Volunteers made Millions of PPE (video) — Short and very international documentary of local response.
Thank you for reviewing the OSMS Local Response Guide.
We hope you have found it helpful.
Have questions or suggestions?
Contact OSMS Local Response at email@example.com.